RECIPES - STARTERS
If you’re looking for an impressive dish to kick start your party, this is exactly what you’re after. The salt and sweetness of freshly shucked Jamestown oysters combined with the luxurious richness of cream and Parmesan will have your guests begging for more.
|1||cup heavy cream|
|4||bacon strips, chopped|
|4||cups leeks, sliced razor thin|
|1||cup celery, finely chopped|
|1/4||cup white wine|
|2||tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated|
|salt & pepper, to taste|
|24||Sequim Bay oysters, shucked|
- NOTE: You will need 8 small ramekins to make this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 500 F degrees.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Whisk in the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Slowly add the cream, whisking constantly. When somewhat thickened, remove from heat and set aside.
- Using a large sauté pan, fry bacon until soft, approximately 5 minutes. Add the leeks and celery and sauté until soft, about ten minutes longer. Stir in the wine and cook for 1 minute, then add the cream sauce and bring to simmer. Continue cooking over low heat until thickened. Add the Parmesan, followed by salt and pepper, to taste.
- To prepare individual servings, place 2 - 3 oysters (depending on size) in the bottom of each of 8 ramekins. Cover the oysters with a small amount of leek mixture, then dust lightly with bread crumbs.
- Bake until bubbly hot and browned, approximately 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
PRINTER FRIENDLY RECIPE